Any person or organization engaged in peddling, canvassing, soliciting or taking of orders, either by sample or otherwise, or accepting donations directly or indirectly, for any goods, wares or merchandise upon any of the streets or sidewalks or from house to house within the Township of Lower Alsace shall first make application to the township for a Solicitation Permit.
Solicitation permit is not required for the following:
- farmers selling their own produce
- the sale of goods, wares and merchandise donated by the owners thereof, the proceeds whereof are to be applied to any charitable or philanthropic purpose
- any manufacturer or producer in the sale of bread and bakery products, meat and meat products, or milk and milk products
- the collection and delivery of dry cleaning
- the delivery, or collection of payment for, newspapers of general circulation
- children under the age of 18 selling products or soliciting contributions for recognized youth groups, such as the Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts